Monday, April 10, 2017

Review of CardCash


Recently tried CardCash. A quick review of my experience.

CardCash allows you to exchange unused gift cards for cash. Most of the popular gift cards are accepted. I had a bunch of unused Starbucks gift cards that I exchanged for cash.

The process was simple and straightforward. CardCash asks you to choose the gift card vendor, value of the card and tells you how much cash you can expect. I got 75% cash for Starbucks cards. Decent deal, I felt. Some of the cards were 8-9 years old and I had not used them and did not plan to use them in the future too. Getting rid of those cards was important to me. So, 75% cash back was acceptable to me.

If you are fine with what they are willing to offer, then you are asked to provide gift card details such serial number etc. You can either mail the physical cards to them or enter all the details online. They will verify the details, make sure the information is correct and then send you the money via a check or other means. I entered the details online. Within a day or so, they sent an e-mail confirming the receipt and correctness of gift card details and that they have processed the payment. Within 3-4 days, I got the check. When I deposited the check, the check cleared without any issues.

Pretty happy with CardCash. Tried for the first time. Everything worked smoothly.

Pros:

- Simple and easy to use website and workflow

- % of cash offered for your gift card is made known right affront. You can decide right in the beginning if you want to go ahead or shop elsewhere for a better deal.

- Multiple options to provide gift card details. 1) enter online or 2) mail the cards

- Option to receive payments online via PayPal

- Option to receive payment via traditional check

Cons:

- Seems strange but if you choose to enter the details of your gift cards online, you can not get paid online via PayPal. You can get paid only by a traditional check. I would have definitely liked to be paid online which would have saved me from the hassle of depositing the check into my back account. Funny thing is if you mail the cards physically then you can get paid online via PayPal. Go figure!They may be still ironing out some process issues and website features. A minor inconvenience. I hope they fix it soon and make everything completely online.

- This is not necessarily a con as such but they do ask you for your credit card details. I think it is to protect themselves against possible fraud. They do not charge anything to your card. It is just for security. I was ok with it but some people may be hesitant to provide credit card details when they are already surrendering their gift cards which have cash value.

Summary:

All in all, I am happy to have discovered and tried the CardCash service. There must be similar other resources which let you exchange gift cards for cash or other gift cards. When I googled this was one of the top ones to show up. So I went ahead and tried. Excellent experience. Recommend it.

Feel free to share your experience and/or feedback.

Cheers!

2 comments:

sunaath said...

card cash ಎಂದರೆ gift coupon ಎಂದು ಭಾವಿಸುತ್ತೇನೆ. ಇಲ್ಲಿಯೂ ಸಹ ಕೆಲವೊಂದು ಕಂಪನಿಗಳು online payment ಮಾಡಿದಾಗ gift couponಗಳನ್ನು ಪಡೆಯಿರಿ ಎಂದು ಹೇಳುತ್ತಾರೆ. ನಾನು ಈವರೆಗೂ ಅವುಗಳನ್ನು ಪಡೆದುಕೊಳ್ಳಲು ಹೋಗಿಲ್ಲ!

Mahesh Hegade said...

ನೀವು ಹೇಳಿದ್ದು ಸುಮಾರು ಸರಿಯಿದೆ, ಸುನಾಥ್ ಸರ್. ನಿಮ್ಮ ಹತ್ತಿರವಿದ್ದ ಗಿಫ್ಟ್ ಕಾರ್ಡುಗಳು ನಿಮಗೆ ಉಪಯೋಗವಿಲ್ಲವಾದರೆ CardCash ತರಹದ ಕಂಪನಿಗಳು ಅವುಗಳಿಗೆ ಒಂದಿಷ್ಟು ದುಡ್ಡು ಕೊಡುತ್ತವೆ. ಬಂದಷ್ಟೇ ಲಾಭ ಅಂತ ಮಾರಿಕೊಳ್ಳಲು ಅನುಕೂಲ. ಇಲ್ಲವಾದರೆ ಪೂರ್ತಿ ವೇಸ್ಟ್.

ಕಾಮೆಂಟಿಗೆ ಧನ್ಯವಾದ.