Friday, November 21, 2008

Enterprise rent-a-car

Recently, I had to rent a car for a few days. Like before, went with Enterprise Rental Car. They are convenient for several reasons. They are in many locations. They work with many body shops and insurance companies. They bill directly to insurance companies etc. Most importantly, they are good with picking you up and dropping  you off. All good and nice things.


One thing that really bugged me is that both the time I rented car  this month, the gas tank was never full. Of course, they do not ask you to return the car with full tank. They ask you to return the car with exactly same amount of gas. But, it is so damn hard to return with exact same amount of gas when it is like 5/8 nth full etc. For example, I am sure I returned the car last time with at least 3-4 gallons of extra gas. That means like 10 bucks. That is loss to me. Who pays for it?


Enterprise and many car companies should make absolutely certain that they rent cars with a full tank of gas. No exceptions. I realize that  many of these car rental companies do not have gas filling facilities on the premises and that may be a reason why they are unable to rent with full tank of gas. But, I have see the same problem while renting from airport facilities. All in all a very lousy and frustrating business practice.


Cheers!


Powered by Qumana


No comments: